cross

cross

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Curse you Katie Horner!!!!!!! / 12 dopers


I don't know why I watch Katie Horner and the Channel 3 disaster channel crew. Once again I was watching the forecast of imminent flash floods and as you might guess, I get a little freaked out. But I'm prepared, sandbags and plastic to put between the sandbags and the house. Water can run 6 inches up the house and I'm good. The problem is that it gets a little old slinging sandbags around in the rain when it doesn't flood. Now I know that past history dictates that water has only reached the house twice in the last 20 years but we are just now finishing the final touches on the family room. Oh well, maybe the city will get around to fixing the problem one of these days.
I read an article in Velonews that states that the USADA is preparing cases against 15-25 US riders. The crazy thing is that the riders are Pro, Elite, and even Masters. The article said that the riders were not caught doping during a blood or urine test, but are being charged with possession due to the information provided by former Pro Joe Papp. Papp was busted for supplying riders with doping products and is working with authorities.
Steve is pretty hot and you can see it in his blog here. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when they mention masters as there was an article just a month or so ago about a masters rider who was busted. I just don't get it. I'm 10 day's away from my 50th birthday and as I've aged I have more and more health related issues. I have a hard enough time keeping healthy with out mail ordering some drug from a shady pharmacy. No thanks, I plan on living a long time and hanging out with the wife and kids. Craziness........
Kind of reminds me of something I heard in the Giro Pro 1-2 race at Gateway Cup. At one point a rider was yelling at another rider that he was riding like an amature. Huh, out of the 150 riders in the race I bet there was about 12 pro riders. Should of reminded him that where we were in the group I could of pretty much bet that there were no Pro riders anywhere near us. I would of said something but at that point I was breathing through my eyeballs!
2 day till the first cross race. 1 set of wheels left to glue, other team bikes fixed or built, I might even have time to get my bike off the hook and fix it. I hope I have all the parts!

No comments: