cross

cross

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tuesday Crit

It's simply amazing that we manage to get this race in every week even though the weatherman calls for rain all most every week. This week we had some big motors missing in action and a few more back in town. Two time National Collegiate Crit Champ Phil Mann was back sporting the stars and stripes jersey. We also had Kelley Benjamin back in town after a 2nd place at Somerville.
As for the race, seems like the pace was quick from the beginning with attacks flying off the front left and right. Cam and I got off for a few laps but with everybody keying off Phil's jersey I decided to wait. A few laps later I punched it up the hill to string out the field and that's when the break went. 5 guys roll by into the headwind on the backside and I just can't make it on the train. So that was it. Time for some hill repeats to get a workout in before the sprint. I think I ended up 8th in the field sprint. Not too bad a day considering I thought I wouldn't even get to ride.
I've got to mention guys that rode well. Ted jumped the field before the last turn in the sprint and nearly made it stick, nice move. Then there's Dean, the oldest guy out there and still taking pulls when most of the field won't. No wonder he dust's me in the time trials. And of course there's Cam, the energizer bunny, he just keeps going off the front until the break goes away and he's in it. Nice work guys.

No comments: