cross

cross

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cross Cup Weekend

Not too sure how I would rate this weekend. On one hand the KCCX/VERGE Team rode great and gathered up wins and podium spots. The Lincoln Crew came down for the races and a good time was had by all while they hung out at their KC home.On the other hand my riding was below par again and I'm about as frustrated as I can get.
But I'm not going to let it get me down, there are too many factors that are out of my control. I'll just keep plugging away, fight my urge to pile on more mileage, and stick to Coach Adams plan. No matter what happens I'm really looking forward the the USGP next weekend in Louisville,KY.

On to this weekends races:

Wow, I got nothing, The team rode well on Saturday, Jeff 1st, Chris 2nd, Adam 5th, me 8th. Sunday Joe 1st, Chris 4th, Jeff 5th, Adam 6th, Me 8th, Alex 9th. The whole crew was in the top 10 today!

Overall the weekend went well, the courses were good, rider turnout continues on the upswing, and today, the Boulevard Beer was flowing!
















This weekend proved to be a tough weekend to double up. Saturdays course had zoysia grass that sucked the power from your legs. Bravo to the guys who could stand on the podium 2 days in a row.





















Troy and I both were feeling Saturdays race before the start. It proved to be tough to get going.

















OK guys.......What's the plan? #1, back away from the furst turn when they start the 55 cat 4's.






















Shadd and Andrew, both are going fast.























Nate and I had a great battle near the end of the race. It got a little tactical when we started catching Teammate Adam, I couldn't drop Nate so I had to slow him down. Worked except I managed to bobble on the stairs on the last lap so Nate got a gap over me that he could hold the finish. Oh well, our little battle was the most fun I had all weekend.

No comments: