cross

cross

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Looks like like you're on schedule to peak in February

"Looks like you're on schedule to peak in February", now when your coach tells you that you might get a bit worried. But I'm really not since it's the end of January and I know that my free time is going to end soon. It's the slowest time of the year in a bike shop and as a mechanic there just isn't that much for me to do, so I've been trying to get out and ride every day. That's a big difference from last year when I slogged away on the trainer for a hour every day and basically wasted time. So now that I'm in trouble with my coach it's time to get more focused on weaknesses that I know I have. Adam sent me my new training schedule so I guess it's time to get back on a structured plan.

Right now I'm sitting here waiting for the coverage of the men's Cross Worlds coverage to begin and thinking about Masters Worlds and then Elite worlds coming to the US in a few years. Pretty cool! I did manage to get up in time to watch the last few laps of the women's race, Meridith got 12th, how awesome is that!
















Finally getting out on the MTB, it's cold but worth it to get in a few hours in the woods.
















Getting out on the road a bit with these guys. Getting behind Choch is like motorpacing some days.



















Meridith getting 12th at Worlds this morning. How crazy is it that you can watch a race half way across the world, live, on your computer. Meridith, I wore my California Giant Strawberries hat in support!


Chris and Cody, Jr's at Worlds. Great race for the boys in their last round in the Jr's. Next year they move up to race with big boys in the U-23 race.
gotta go, time to watch the Men's race.......



No comments: