cross

cross

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cross wrap-up













How to sum up the 2010 Cross season? For me it's really hard to put into words. The season started pretty well and I was fit. The first race pretty much set the tone for the season. That was the race where I got 3rd in a 2 lap race, and we nearly lost the trailer and all of our equipment to a flood. That race was a warm up for the first USGP in Madison. Here I won on the first day but noticed some knee swelling after the race. Day 2 in Madison came and I didn't have the legs that I had the 1st day and the knee was much worse. The season continued on the same pattern, a good day followed by a bad day, over and over. Endless doctors visits that included draining my knee and a CAT scan of my head definitely were low spots. Through it all the team and myself continued to hit the planned races and get good results. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Sometimes things go wrong and you just have to deal with it. The goals for the season were pretty lofty and I came close to reaching them. All of this just provides me with more desire to hit it hard and try again next year.


So the cross season is over for me. There are 4 more races locally but I need to give my body some time to heal. On top of the physical issues I don't think I can mentally get myself going after a pressure packed end of the season. I'm looking forward to seeing how Joe, Meridith, and the rest of the crew from the US do in Europe during the next month. So that's a wrap for me in cross. Funny how one season ends and I'm all ready looking forward to the Road/MTB season.

No comments: