Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Another week has flown by............

Another week has gone by and once again I've been slacking in the posting department. It's kind of been a weird time around the house lately, I've been sick and on antibiotics for 2 weeks, the kids are out of school, and I've barely been on a bike for 2 weeks. Adding to the weirdness is that this week the kids are between school and summer camp. That means that I'm working nights and hanging out with the boys during the day. So with some day time hours available this week I thought I would knock out some projects around the house and make Mathgeek happy. We got off to a great start powerwashing the deck, until the pump blew on our borrowed powerwasher. The borrower, "you break it, you bought it" gaurantee may come into effect as it costs about as much to replace the pump as it would to replace the whole unit. Bummer........ So that stopped the progress on a few other projects that would of used the washer as well. darn! So after 2 days af taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back I'm going to get some sleep tonight and start fresh tomorrow. On the cycling side there is not much to report. The antibiotics are kicking my butt this time. I don't know why, there was a whole laundry list of side effects to this drug and I think I've felt all of them. Oh well, a 2 week break may help down the road but it's probably going to make Tulsa Tough well.......tough.
We decide to do a family bike ride at River Trails in Lawrence on Memorial Day and it was pretty great, even though there were a few issues. The biggest would have to be that I forgot my MTB shoes, Duh. At least I was planning on riding with the family so it was no big deal. Then I pulled my road bike out set out for KC while the family drove back. I love it when I get to double dip!

Mathgeek and Jobro, both on their final voyages on those bikes. Mathgeek has her new bike on the way and I'm shopping around for something for Jobro.

Curly also got in the act and tried out the trails. He wasn't thrilled with the narrow trail but for a first time out he did ok.

Finally got out for the Tuesday nighter this week. I think it's been 3 weeks since I did it so it was nice to finally get back. I actually rode ok for being off the bike for a while but I definitely paid for the early race efforts in the end. That and I took the wrong approach to controlling the field with 5 laps to go and totally burned myself out for the finish. People wonder why the Mercy crew practice our teamwork in a weekly training race. It's so I  don't have a major brainfart when it really counts.

So with 3 days left on antibiotics and warm weather arriving I can only hope for a rebound. Sorry for the missed photo credit on my picture above. Great pictures, I just can't remember where I got it.
Bed time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Photo Credit JP Brocket.