cross

cross

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Gateway Cup, Tour De Lafayette

Colton navigating while Shadd pilots the mighty white whale(Mercy Van) through the deluge on interstate 70.
 
Gateway Cup, Day 1 Lafayette Park
 
Pretty crazy day yesterday as we drove in a monsoon to St. Louis. It was a long drive as the it was slow going most of the time. Once we arrived the rain continued on and off right up until race time. I was a little worried about visibility with the rain and dark course but I figured I could quit if it got too bad.
 
So we got going and the race was fast from the gun. All the guys on the team were on the front of the race and riding well. After a rough start I eventually worked my way to the front of the race and tried to hang out in the top 20. With 10 laps to go most of the Mercy crew got to the front and started to get ready lead out our sprinters. Then the battle with the Pro riders began. As a amature team we are not quite as organized or have the horsepower as the pro teams. But I doesn't stop us from trying and last night we were close. Zach was 8th and we were really active at the front of the race all the way to the end. No results yet but I thing we have a few other riders in the top 15.
 
Looks like today will be another rain race as it's raining right now and probably will all day. At least it won't be dark!

No comments: