cross

cross

Sunday, December 9, 2012

USGP Bend Day 1

Wow, what a great day for the Trek CXC crew. Two wins and a 3rd and 4th in the 35+ race as well.We woke up to cold and cloudy conditions for the first races of the day but it quickly started warming up as the day wore on. Course conditions were also changing with the warming temps. As the sun started popping out and the frozen ground started to thaw leaving a layer of mud on top of the frozen ground. Usually that would make for pretty challenging conditions but with the volcanic soil there was still traction.

In my race I got a pretty good start slotting in 3rd or 4th going into the first few turns. I decided to jump the leaders so I could lead into the technical wooded section. After the wooded section I had all ready established a 10 sec lead and that was it. The rest of the race I stretched out the lead a bit and could ease up the last few laps and hopefully saving something for today's race.
In the end I won by 30 seconds or so.

I got cleaned up and soon it was time for the 35+ race. We had 3 TrekCXC riders in the race so I was in the pit ready to go. Mark got a good start and after the first lap was in the lead with one other rider. Throughout the race they pulled out a lead and then with 2 laps to go Mark got away from the other rider. Our other 2 riders, Shannon Skerrit and Jesse Reints were right in the mix. At the finish Mark won with a good lead with Shannon 3rd and Jesse 4th.

Mark in the series leader Jersey

Finally got a Win


Katie's in Europe winning

Pretty artsy shot by Anders

Popping over the flyover

This is what happens when your tires don't fit through the gauge

The team area was rocking all day
 
So just about time to head out for day 2. Similar conditions to yesterday.


No comments: