cross

cross

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Packing up and heading for Madison WI today for Cross Nationals. I really can't say that I'm excited but maybe I will be when I get there. It's going to be interesting to see how the race works out as I'm going old school on my race travel plans. My race is tomorrow and I'm not even leaving Omaha until 4pm today. Yup, KC to Omaha to Madison. 12 hrs in the car, arrive after midnight. It looks like there may be a chance to pre-ride the course around noon but if it's too muddy I may not even ride the course before my 3pm race. I remember doing this when I just started racing and sometimes it worked out, sometimes not. Oh well, it is what it is.

here's the course conditions on Tuesday morning

Still plenty of snow on the course yesterday but by the end of today it should be gone. With the B races and Singlespeeds racing in above freezing temps it should get pretty muddy by the end of the day.
 
Better get moving and load up the van, time to head north.

No comments: