cross

cross

Sunday, May 12, 2013

I decided to get my road season started and headed to the Tour de Grove this weekend. I skipped out on the Friday night race and stuck around KC and worked. So Saturday morning I packed up the van and headed out with Garrik and Ben from the Velotech team for St.Louis. After a pretty easy 4 hr drive we arrived at the venue and got ready to race. This year the course changed due to construction and what was a pretty fun 7 turn course turned into a 3 turn triangle. Not nearly as much fun and made for some pretty negative racing. I decided to do the 2-3 race instead of the Masters race in hope of getting a little bit harder workout. I not sure how that worked out as the race was pretty sketchy and at one point there were 3 crashes on one lap. Overall I rode pretty much like I thought I would. In the hour long race I stayed at the front for about 45 minutes before I started to get tired. Then it got progressively harder to accelerate out of the turns and hold position. In the end I have no idea where I finished out of the 135 starters but that's ok, I still have an issue with my leg  from cross that I need to figure out.

So today is day 2, The Dutchtown Grand Prix. Today's course is much more interesting with a few more turns and a short, steep climb to the finish. Last year I struggled here so today should be interesting.

Zach watching his girlfriend Whitney race.
 Congratulations to Whitney for getting signed  on to the Colivita  Pro Team


A few of the Think!Finance guys on the line for the Pro-1 race
In the Pro-1 race the guys rode well and were setting Zach up for the sprint when he flatted and ended his hope for a good finish.

Photo's: Kevin McRee, Cyclingdirt

No comments: