cross

cross

Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's been a long week/1st race of the year

It's been a long week with the kids on spring break, home construction, and a quick Easter trip to Lincoln. In between all of that I managed to squeeze in the Tuesday KC Crit, Wednesday Worlds in Lincoln, and 2 Training races in Lincoln. At this moment two weeks ago I was at the shop attempting to get ahead on the service so I could feel good about leaving the shop for a few days. Monday was more of the same, kids all day and the off to the shop by 6pm and getting to bed by 2am. Tuesday I did the Tuesday crit in KC and rode well. Wednesday AM we packed up the van and headed to Lincoln where I did the Wed worlds ride. This ride has been around for at least twenty years and is all ways fast. This was a true Nebraska ride, slugged it out in a paceline into a killer wind and then turned around and rode in at nearly 40mph the whole way in. It's been a long time since I've been spun out for that long. Thursday we went to the Omaha Zoo and walked for 5 hours, then went to CoCo Keys(a water resort) for the rest of the day. Woke up Friday and went to the waterpark for a few hours before returning to Lincoln. Caught up with Kevin and Jay for a 2.5 hour ride around town. Suddenly the legs didn't feel so good, not a good sign. Saturday I was up t 5am to get out and help set up for the race that the team was putting on. I did the masters race and felt really bad. Try got a way with another rider so I just tailgunned the rest of the race and helped Don win the fieldsprint for third. The 123 race went even worse than the masters, the legs were really tired, I could hang with group but that was about it. Then I flatted and sat out for two laps while I found a wheel to borrow. I was kind of bummed that they found me a wheel...I really would of rather quit! I got back in and with 7 to go Troy got dropped and I went back to get him. Big mistake! I was tired and Troy was cramping but we tried untill two to go and then just decided to finish out the race.
Now it's time for a little rest!
No pictures.....my camera's battery died and I didn't have a charger!

No comments: