cross

cross

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's Tuesday KC Crit Time

I really thought there was no way we were going to get this race in before it rained as my day began. By race time it was in the lower 60's but dry, so here I am starting at the back. I punched it on the first lap and quickly found that I couldn't recover from the effort. No warm up will do that but I felt even worse as I saw the whole Trek Regional crew ride up the road.
A few of the 360 guys, a few others, Cam, and I took pulls and held the Trek crew to around 10 seconds the whole race but just couldn't bring them back. Makes you wonder if they were going full gas or just out for a training ride. In any case it was good training and that's why we do the race anyway.
Check out the picture of Cam in his new 360 kit. Now all he needs is a bike with better gearing.
Here's the Trek crew trucking along. It's fun to have the crew there as it adds a whole new dynamic to the race. Just the sight of Trudy and the dog before the race sends chills through some riders.

Yep, that's me. Mouth wide open looking for some way to get more oxygen to my lungs. Not much luck on that front tonight. Finished with the pack after taking pulls to the end.

No comments: