cross

cross

Monday, August 11, 2008

Tour of KC

I just don't have too much to say about this one. I wrote earlier last week that I was worried about working nights before the weekend and I guess it was justified. By Thursday night I was tired and just starting to get the telltale tickle in my throat. Friday nights race went well but I could tell that I was still down on power and not climbing well. Saturday I spent most of the race limiting the damage on the hill hoping to have enough to get a good finish. That plan didn't work out when it started raining. Coming up the hill with 2 laps to go I got shuffled back in the field and just after the start/finish there was a huge crash. Guys kept falling and the whole pile kept sliding to the curb. I decided to stay off the brakes,bunny hop the curb, and do a little cross practice in the woods. I guess it was better than falling. So I ended up saving it but the race was up the road so I called it a day. Sunday......man I was bad.......so bad that I actually thought about quiting. I stuck it out for 10th.


Here's the story from the masters races. The OKC velo guys has 6-8 guys in the races and dominated. Talk about frustrating.........I'm going to have to make some changes to get some teammates next year.

So far it's been a bummer post but hey, a sick bike racer is a bummed racer. So now for the stellar ride of the weekend...........IT 's Chris Hall for his ride at Cliff Drive! That was fun to watch.

So now it's time to recover. I hope to get up to Omaha for a MTB race next weekend, then Sedalia, and then the big one......Gateway in St.Louis.


No comments: