cross

cross

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekend wrap

Yea, like," it's a wrap", not like a "weekend rap". I can't sing and I got no rhythm. Oh yea, back to the weekend. After a week of rainy weather and too many trips to the shop in the van I was ready to get out to the races this weekend. A month ago the plan was to go to Boulder this weekend but as we got closer I could tell it wasn't going to happen. Mathgeek has a big actuarial exam coming up this week and needed to study. Time to suck it up and be a single dad for a week. Saturday arrived and Mathgeek took off to study. I hung out at the house during the morning with the boys and 2 of their buddies. Then I got to hop on the bike and haul out to Pinky's last soccer game of the year. I ended up with an hour ride and Pinky's team won their first game of the year, Yeaaaaaaaaa. Back home and it was time for Halloween.




















After a few hours of walking around we went back to some friends house for a little party before heading home.

Sunday arrived bright and surly for the boys and I. We loaded up the van and headed out for Sunflower Cross. It's always a little bit scary to go race and let them hang out by themselves and I hate giving the speech about what to do if I don't come around for a few laps. No worries today as I was not going to take any chances especially in the gravel corners that they always have on this course. I rode the PowerTap wheels today with Challenge Fango clincher tires. I was a little low on pressure but they were AMAZING. I switched bikes late in the race and rode the Grifo Tubies and even though they were a little high on pressure but were good as well. Since I had the kids I rode the Masters 45+ race as it was only 40 minutes compared to the hour for the Open race. It's going to be interesting to see what the power data tells Coach Adam. Anyway I ended up winning the Masters race and the kids didn't kill each other, life is good!

Wink ripping it through the rollers. I love this section of the course.
















Shadd was looking good in the Open race.

















Pinky took this pic of me, pretty good for a 10 yr old.

No comments: