cross

cross

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tour of KC, Cliff Drive

This is going to be a short post, I'm tired. Tough day at Cliff Drive today, the race is all ways tough but the heat today made it even worse. I went into the race unsure of the damage done in the Friday night race but figured I would help the team for as long as I could. Early on the pace was tough and attacks were flying off the front left and right. Eventually a group got off and the pace slowed a bit. At 10 laps to go I was starting to feel like I was going to cramp and tried to drink more, but it's too late to undo the damage by then. With 5 to go the cramping began for real and then it was damage control to try to get to the finish. I ended up making it to the finish and the team had decent results, 7th, 10th, 12th, 17th. More tomorrow........

No comments: