cross

cross

Sunday, June 21, 2015

It's early morning and Roy and I are just hanging out and starting our day. I'm all ready packed up and ready to start my journey home. Duty calls and I have to take care of business early Monday morning. It's a bummer as I'd really like to be able to see the final stage of the race and be there for the team. But, that's life and the race has gone well up to this point. 

I'll give you a quick recap of yesterdays stage. The Menonomie Road race is 101 hilly miles of back country roads in Wisconsin. Temps were around 76 and it was humid. The race started and Adam and Colton got in the first move of the day. 12 riders were in the break and they soon rolled out to a significant gap. From my view point this is where the day started getting a little crazy. Since we had riders in the break and the field we were jumping back and forth between the two feeding and relaying information. Pushing the limits of our little Ford rental car became the order of the day. 

About the 50 mile mark the field suddenly made a move to bring the break back and soon the field was all back together. It didn't take long before another break formed and this time Heath was in it and this one looked like it was going to stick. The time gap kept growing and soon I got a lesson on calculating where the other riders were on the GC in relation to Heath. All while filling bottles, feeding riders, and listening to a barely functioning race radio (that's a whole story in itself).

In the end the break stuck and Heath was 12th. He made a big jump up the GC.






Time to get moving. I have to finish prepping the bikes before I load them back into the trailer. Here's the results from yesterday and where the guys stand overall. I think there's a link to today's live coverage on Velo.com

Stage:
12th Heath
29th Alberto
30th Nate
80th Colton
81st Adam

Overall:
6th  Heath @:37
48th Nate  @13:43
50th Alberto @14:28
74th Colton @39:23
80th Adam @57:36

Photos courtesy of Matthew Moses/ Moses Images

No comments: