cross

cross

Sunday, October 5, 2008

A week in review

Last week was a blur, I mean there was so much going on that I'm amazed that everything I was involved in came off without much damage.


Monday I rolled into the shop to find this:





































What a bummer, another victim of the roof top bike rack. This bike was not as expensive as the last one but it was just a few days old! Ouch! Fairly busy day for me at the shop and just did a bike commute for recovery.



Tue: Another day at the shop. Got my work done early and got out for a good ride. Got home in time to shower up and get the kids off to get hair cuts and dinner.

Pre-cut.......

Post cut dinner at Red Robin. Burgers were pretty good and Jonas thought he could wedge down this monster burger. He a did pretty good job but hurt himself in the process, I thought he was going to puke.

Wed: we woke up to find Jonas actually ready to puke, but from the Flu, not the food. This is every parents nightmare....which parent is going to call in sick and say home with the sick child. For us it's not much of a challenge at this time of the year. I called in sick but that's why I do what I do for work.

Thursday: more of the same for Jonas, I've got him with me all day so there will me no riding for me. On the positive note......it's time for Scott's stag party. All I'm going to say about this one is that we had a great time and whoever came up with the idea to go to the Jazz district had a strike of genius. There was no folk dancing to be seen but just the mention of the Jagermeister girls ought to draw a reaction from a few people.

Friday: Jonas is better but still can't go to school, no riding for Tom, much frustration. Rehersal dinner for Scott and Tanya, good food, good friends, I feel much better.

Saturday: Troy and I get out for a bike path blast, 38 miles later the legs are tired and it's time to get ready for a wedding. I don't know where to begin so I'm just going to say that everything was perfect for the whole wedding/reception. We had a great time, thanks for letting us be a part of your special day guys!

Sunday: I think the wife and I have a wedding hangover today! I didn't even drink but I just feel dead today. Got out for a short ride but just didn't have it in me to get out to cross practice.

Now it's time to hit the reset button, Jonas is getting better and with no special events on the horizon it's time to get on the bike!

3 comments:

sstevensinkc said...

Thanks for being there. It was awesome to have Nancy and yourself be apart of our day.
scooter

Mark Savery said...

We missed you guys at Swanson, er wait, that would have made it even harder. On second thought, thanks for skipping;)

TP said...

I wishI could of made it. I really wanted to support the Omaha cross scene but Scott only get's to get married once and I wanted to be there. Besides, I doubt I would of made the race any harder. I could of provided some comedy routines as I seem to be falling off my bike quite a bit lately. Any way, saw the pic's, it looked like fun. Come on down to KC sometime, you have a place to stay. All you have to do is fight Troy and Smitty for the beds!