cross

cross

Monday, December 15, 2008

KCCX 2008 Cross Nationals: Done, just in the nick of time..

The KCCX, KC Cross Nationals is over. We were blessed with good weather for most of the event and even though it got cold for some of the last day it was not as bad as last year. Today is a different story, it's cold and it would of been miserable to try and race in weather we have now. Anyway, I spent 7 days out at Tiffany Springs Park helping out in one way or another and now I'm just pooped.

Ok, back to the event.


Thursday: My B race, good and bad, see post below.


Friday: Masters 45-49 race. Got a great start but once I hit the first turn I quickly found out that my legs were blown from Thursday's race. I had no power and just hung on for 19th. Bit of a bummer but it's a learning experience. This is my 3rd full season of cross and 2nd Cross Nationals. It took me a few years to land on a NORBA podium so I'll stick it out and see what I can do.



Saturday/Sunday: Spent the day Saturday working the pit for friends or just hanging out. Saturday Troy and I got out on the course during the break. One hour of rubbing elbows with the pros was a gas. The course was awesome so we had fun railing the corners and just generally having a good time. Sunday I got out to the course and helped out and then hung out and watched the races. Oh yea.......it was crazy how one gust of wind dropped the temps 10-15 degrees. Brrrrrrrrr.


Bill S. putting some body english on it to blast through the corner. Look at that berm! You don't see that very often in cross races.









This is me in the B race. This section was not rideable Thursday but was fine on Friday.
With my running skills anything is faster so I was looking forward to staying on the bike.









Jeremy Powers in the chicane before the pits. It was fun watching the pros stream through here.

This was a fast off camber turn that was pretty dicey early in the week but by the time the Elite race rolled around the berms were huge and the riders were flying.

So that's it, it's over! I'm really looking forward to next years Nationals. For the first time I won't be working and can focus on racing and having a good time. I can't wait!




No comments: