cross

cross

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tour of Lawrence x2, Tue KC Worlds

Seems like day 2 of the Tour of Lawrence was so long ago, so much to do, so little time........ Still sick and feel like I'm sucking air through a straw. Oh well, what can you do. On to the Tof L. Did the Masters race so I could get back to KC for family duties. The race went OK until I decided to go for a cash prime, that sucking air through a straw doesn't work so well when you're going hard. I though I was going to pass out from lack of oxygen by time I got to the line. I got the prime but the effort told me that I had no chance in a field sprint for a good finish. It was going to have to be off the front in a small group or nothing. So I tried to get away a few time to no avail and that was it. I still don't know where I ended up placing but since I just rode it in it really doesn't matter. At least we got to race on dry roads again, the races later in the day weren't so lucky.

After a day of recovery the next event was the Tue KC World's. Pretty small turnout for the A race again this week. Pretty understandable considering we had just finished 2 hard weekends of racing. The entire Mercy crew was tired and we decided that we wouldn't work too hard to get in breaks and try to keep it together for a field sprint. With little wind to slow the field breaks would roll away only to get pulled pack a few laps later. Phil went just before 5 to go and I tried to go with him. When I got to him I could barely pull through and we got caught right at the call for 5 to go. All night I managed to only have a few coughing fits but I was only good for one pull in the lead out before I was done. Darn that lack of oxygen.........

Here's the results:


  1. Shadd Smith

  2. Joe Schmalz

  3. Mark Cole

  4. Andy Chocha

  5. Christian Beatty

Overall Points:


Shadd Smith 53
Joe Schmalz 23
Mark Cole 22
Nick Coil 12
Andrew Coe 9
Phil Gronniger 8
David Hedjuk 8
Andy Chocha 8
Bill Marshall 6
Matt Ochs 5
Walt Bleser 5
Brian Bradley 4
Matt Ankeny 4
Ben Stover 4
Tom Price 4
Brian Jensen 3
Scott Stevens 3
Christain Beattie 3
Jason Knight 2
Josh Crow 2
Bill Stolte 2
Joe Houston 2
Doug Plumer 2
John Pahlman 1
Doug Obershaw 1
Steve Songer 1
Jeff Seese 1



Might head for Omaha this weekend for the races, or maybe just a day, hmmmm what to do.....

No comments: