cross

cross

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tue KC Crit



I saw an interesting article in Cyclingnews the other day that is kind of reminds me that cross season is near. Instead of following a rider through a day, they followed Tyler Farrar's bike. It gives you a better idea of what goes on behind the scene with teams. Even with small teams like the KCCX cross team we go through some of the same steps when we are on the road. Interesting reading for me and I might of picked up on a few tricks as well.
I guess I been a bit of a slacker in the photography department lately since I once again have no photos of tonight's race. Maybe next week I'll find someone to snap some pictures. Once again the turnout was a little low from what most of us expected. Looks like people are either scared of the hot weather or are done with the road season. Seems kind of silly to go all in for cross at this point, the season start is 2 months away and the race that counts is 5 months away. Sounds like there are more than a few guys who will be flying in September and done in October. Back to tonight's race, kind of a night where we are either flying or coasting. We still ended up averaging around 27mph for the race so it wasn't too slow. I got in a few breaks but nothing lasted, all though I had hopes that the last one would make it but we got caught with 2 laps to go. Still, not a bad ride considering I'm coming off 2 weeks rest and the interval set before the race was a tough one.

So here we go, tonight's results:

  1. Shadd Smith

  2. Christian Beattie

  3. Nick Coil

  4. Steve Songer

  5. John Palman

Overall Points:

Shadd Smith 63
Joe Schmalz 27
Mark Cole 22
Nick Coil 15
Andy Chocha 11
Andrew Coe 9
David Hedjuk 9
Phil Gronniger 8
Christain Beattie 7
Bill Marshall 6
Matt Ochs 5
Walt Bleser 5
Brian Bradley 4
Matt Ankeny 4
Ben Stover 4
Tom Price 4
Brian Jensen 3
Scott Stevens 3
Steve Songer 3
Jason Knight 2
Josh Crow 2
Bill Stolte 2
Joe Houston 2
Doug Plumer 2
Adam Mills 2
John Pahlman 2
Doug Obershaw 1
Jeff Seese 1

No comments: