cross

cross

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tour of Lawrence, Day 1 street sprints

Great way to starty of the Tour of Lawrence last night! In fact it was made even better with the win in the Womens race by Emilie Flanigan of the TREK Stores Team. That's right, 2 wins by the TREK Bicycle Stores sponsored teams. Gotta love it. I really wish I had a picture of Emilie but I had to pick up these two pictures from the local Lawrence paper.


Colton is just on a tear right now. 2 wins last weekend at the Tour of Kansas City and now day 1 at the Tour of Lawrence. I also have to give it up for Nick who ended up 6th yesterday. Here's the newspaer article from the Lawrence paper.

Today we have the KU Campus Circuit race. It's going to be brutal with a really hard course that has a ton of climbing and 100+ degree heat. Lucky for us we have a number of people willing to help out keeping the team hydrated and wet. It's going to be a battle with a number of strong teams in the race but in the end I think it will come down to who can handle the heat the best. 5:30pm start time, guess I should get a few things done around the house before I go.

No comments: